Sunday, January 19, 2014

My Sleep Experiment

I am going to do an experiment on sleep suggestions/ideas that I posted in my previous blog.  Using myself as the test dummy, I am going to observe my sleep habits and my other activities and track to see if there is any correlation between them.

My list so far of things I'm going to track daily:

Time to bed
Time to sleep (after going to bed)
Time waking up
Number of times to get up/wake up in the night
Total hours of sleep

Weight
Rate quality of sleep on a scale of 0 to 10
Rate how I feel when I wake up on a scale of 0 to 10

Medications taken

Exercise - amount and time of day

Caffeine and alcohol intake - amount and time of day

Water intake - amount and time of day

Journaling - Meditation - Self-energy work

Weather conditions

Time spent watching TV/playing on computer

Time spent working

Time spent outdoors

Mood/Energy Level/Pain Level

My diet

Other health conditions

I'm going to track these things for a month, then see if I find any correlations.   For this first month, my intention is to just observe what I'm doing, without making any major changes.  I imagine, however, that by tracking things, I may also end up experimenting with different things to see whether there are changes.  After the first month, I will choose one or two things to consciously work on changing, based on the factors that seem to be affecting my sleep and my health.


No comments:

Post a Comment